Monday, October 13, 2008

Life at the Perkins


As you all know, things have been quite bleak around the Perkins' household. Steve and I just want to thank everyone for the kind words and support. We have received so many comments and e-mails from all of you, and we are so grateful to be in your prayers. Things are getting better. Steve and I are extremely blessed to have the rambunctious 2 year old that runs our house! The day that we found out Cal had hearing loss; I was doing dishes at the sink bawling. Londyn was busy playing with her bear when all of the sudden I heard her say, “Mommy, B smells like farts.” Who can continue crying when they hear something like that! I really needed a good laugh, and Londyn definitely delivered.
Today we had an appointment with the Ear Nose and Throat doctor to get a prescription for hearing aids. While we were getting ready to go, Londyn spotted a U of U sweatshirt jacket in Cal’s drawer (size: 3-6 months). Londyn of course had to wear it, and we could not convince her to take it off. We spent the morning running errands with Londyn in a jacket that came to her elbows and barely reached her belly button. I know that Heavenly Father gave me Londyn, so that I could have a few good laughs during this hard time.
Cal goes in for a repeat ABR test to make sure the results were accurate, and he will then be fitted for his hearing aides. He is such a sweetheart, and I am anxious to be done watching him get poked and prodded by so many doctors!

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

We love you guys so much. Children are angels in our lives.

Team Fraser said...

awe what a cutie she is! I love that she is sporting U apparel! Good luck with everything. PS I love the name "Cal" super cute names you've pick for both your kids.

The Cranes said...

Good luck with everything Brynn and Steve. You are in our prayers! Cal is such a precious baby, what a blessing your beautiful kids are!

The Ballou's said...

We have been thinking about you guys as well. You are in our prayers. Cal is lucky to have you both as you are lucky to have him. I hope all goes well in the next little while.
Ashley Johnson Ballou

Brooke said...

I ran across your blog a few days ago while blog surfing, and I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your baby boy. You guys will definitely be in my prayers. It's so good to see you and your beautiful family. My blog is private, but if you want to drop in (ha ha), send me your email address and I will grant ya access!

brookefirth@gmail.com

Tiff and Rand said...

I feel like a dork for not calling or commenting sooner. I know you've both got awesome families to help you but I'd love to help if you need ANYTHING! I even have some 3-6 month girl clothes I'd love to give Londyn if she's planning on sporting that look for long. Ha! Thanks for the updates on everything with little Cal, I'll be praying for him and the rest of you too. Love you!

Linzz said...

You guys have such an awesome Family. Londyn is such a hoot and we love you and Steve so much!! Our hearts and prayers are with you guys and little Cal and can't wait to see you again.

Anonymous said...

I have never blogged before so we'll see if I can do it. Kathy just told me about your blog site. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Yesterday in Relief Society we had a lesson on trials. I was thinking of you guys and what great parents you are. The thought came to me that perhaps that the reason Londyn is so advanced in her communication is that the Lord gave her that gift and she will learn quickly how to communicate with Cal.

You guys are awesome.

Team Korte said...

Brynn,
Please know my family is thinking of yours during this time. Your kids are the cutest.

Take care,
Katie

Errin said...

Good luck with all that you are going through. I will be praying for you.

Jake and Linzey Jordison said...

Brynn-Londyn looks so cute in Cal's U of U jacket. I will be thinking about you you. I know you and Steve will be ok. I hope all goes well in the next couple of weeks.