Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Londyn is a Big Girl!

My baby girl is all grown up. Londyn is officially sleeping in her "big girl bed" in her "big girl bedroom." She now refers to her crib and nursery as "baby brother's room." She is actually doing a pretty good job in there. She has only fallen off of the bed once, and she has only come into our bedroom twice in the middle of the night. Overall, I can say that is has been pretty successful. I am sad to see her growing up, but it is a relief when you have another one on the way.

Hooray, Londyn went pee-pee! Steve and I decided to embark on the potty training adventure last week. I won't lie, it has been tough! Londyn and I (and daddy when he could) have spent the last week in quarantine. I refused to put a diaper on her during the day so that we could conquer this task. It took a few packs of gum and a bag of dum dums, but she is finally trained. My advice to pre-potty training mothers:

1. Ignore anyone that tells you their child potty trained in three days. It takes a couple of weeks for you to even get the idea into your kid's head.

2. Don't put a diaper on your kid for any reason (accept naps and bedtime). If you interrupt your potty training to go to the store, or in our case Lagoon, you will have to start over the next day.

3. Good luck! It is tough. Don't let anyone tell you that it is easy. I always say "Expect the worst, and you will be pleasantly surprised by the outcome!"

I am sure we have many accidents in our future, but I am so glad that the hardest part is finally over. Londyn is officially a "Big Girl."

1 comment:

Ashley said...

ya, i'm not so excited to someday start the potty training thing. And I don't know what you do with a boy....if i had my way Tate would sit to pee...Jord would love that.