Monday, May 5, 2008



Dear Family,

I have come to a realization. The epiphany came to me just last night. Brynn’s sister, Brook, spent the weekend cleaning out her basement. They showed up to Sunday dinner with a lamp, a few frames, and a statue. A few months ago, my sister Lisa decided to finish her basement…Brynn and I ended up with 2 couches, a desk, and a chair.

Okay, so what is the realization, the epiphany, the insight I speak of?..
I am my family’s D.I. I am the family Goodwill, Savers, Red Cross the good old fam-damnily Deseret Industries.

I don’t mean to sound ungrateful here. We have received some really nice things over the years. Couches, chairs, bedroom sets, armoires…I could go on and on. I just never thought I was one of those people.

There is a an old stand-up comedy bit that says, “Every group of friends has an ugly friend…and if you don’t know who the ugly friend is…it’s you.”

Well, maybe every family has D.I. And until about 24 hours ago I couldn’t tell you who ours was. Well I can now. We are the Steve and Brynn Show, the family D.I…pleased to meet you. We are the one and only stop you make before the D.I., and we are proud of it.

Keep it coming family. We have yet to buy a couch in our 6 years of marriage and don’t plan to buy one any time soon.

Yours Truly,

Steve and Brynn

1 comment:

Lamb Fam said...

You guys are Hilarious! I wish we were the family D.I.