Monday, February 1, 2010

Work-ation

Took a little trip to Florida for work. And for those that say “Lucky, you got to go to Florida! I spent exactly 40 minutes outside of the hotel over the span 4 days. It was grueling and I am exhausted. So no. Not lucky me.

But there were some bright spots. I did get to drive an Audi R8. And for those that don’t know what that is; open another browser. No seriously, stop reading this and Google Audi R8 – I’ll wait...

How sexy is that car? Anyway, neither here nor there.

The one thing I do love about traveling though is the music. I don’t know what people did before ipods, but I pity them. What is better than cruising at 35,000 ft. rediscovering some lost gems in a random playlist somewhere. Do you remember how good Lightening Crashes (Live) is? What about some old Tom Petty? I don’t think I’ll ever reach enlightenment, but if I do it will be listening to the Eels at 6 ½ miles above the surface of the earth.

STEVE RECOMMENDS: Artists perfect for when you are at cruising speed: Anything by the Eels, Weepies, and for good measure throw in a classic like the Garden State soundtrack. You won’t be disappointed.

…and Delta? For hells sake just throw the baggage fee on my ticket price. This is getting ridiculous.

2 comments:

Lamb Fam said...

One of my BF's was set up on a BLIND DATE with a midget... or little person... or whatever the politically correct term is. Anyway, they went to the LIVE concert. AWKWARD!!!- no offense. So many hilarious side stories to this story that every time I hear LIGHTNING CRASHES, I laugh really hard. Totally ruined it for me.

Rachel said...

Love me some Live and Eels. Did you know Live spelled backwards is Evil? And Eels spelled backwards is Slee. Thought you should know.