Monday, August 11, 2008

Chances...


There is a good chance that if you walked into my house right now you would hear me playing a fake trumpet. There is a 100% chance that if you were to ring my doorbell that you would hear a certain melody emanating from the device…(thank you 1978 house with a doorbell that plays over 50 songs!). Chances are that if you walked into my house at any given time you would be hard pressed to find me anywhere but directly in front of the television. Chances are, if you looked closely you might see a tear role down that whiskery cheek of mine…(damn you Bob Costas!)

Well by now you know I speak of the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The fake trumpet would be playing the Olympic Theme. The Doorbell?…the Star Spangled Banner. The tears?...shameless.

It’s true. I am completely obsessed with the Olympics. I watch anything and everything that comes on. Badminton, volleyball, gymnastics, basketball, diving…let’s not even get started about my man-crush with Michael Phelps. Bottom line, GO USA! If you are in the neighborhood, drop on by and come watch a match or two. The trumpets will be blaring, the doorbell a singing, and the Perkins’ a cheering. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A…

1 comment:

Jen and Ky said...

Hi Brynn, it's Jen! I found your blog through Covie (what a small world!) and had a fun time catching up on you (or stalking?) I hope you don't care if I add your link to my blog! If you have any desire to check out the Lundeen family i'd be happy to send you an invite (we're private for some reason...) so just email me and I will send it. jklundeenfamily@gmail.com

By the way, I relate 100% to the Olympic obsession. Did you watch any whitewater rafting, water polo, horseback riding, or rhythmic gymnastics in addition to all the regulars?!?! My TV is on pretty much 24/7 these days and I'm sure I'm going to go through some withdrawals when it ends tomorrow.